Thursday, July 30, 2009

cats & women?

i've heard rumors that cats are bad for women for some reason.i've always wanted to have a cat as a pet, but my dad insists that it would be bad for my sister, and doesn't let me get one.anybody know if its true and can you provide real "medical" proof so that i could show my pops and finally get a cat?
Answers:
The only reason to be concerned about living with a cat is if you are pregnant. Preg women should not handle cat feces.
ive never heard anything like that. i have 2 cats inside and there are 3 females in the household and noone has any trouble. good luck
No they are not bad for women! He is thinking of PREGNANT women that have to be careful around litter boxes! Unless you sister is expecting, she will be quite safe!
the only thing I know of is pregnant women shouldn't do the litter box because of toxoplasmosis.
I remember when I was PG., that the Doc told me - because of you being PG you don't need to be around a cat and I asked why? Because there is something in the cats bowel movements that aren't good for mothers to be. This is the only thing that I have heard about not having a cat in the house.
Never heard that. Pregnant women should NOT change litter boxes, especially of an indoor/outdoor cat, due to possible exposure to toxoplasmosis. But if it is your cat, you are the one who should be changing the litter box, so even if your sister was pregnant that should not be a reason to not have a cat. Perhaps your dad just doesn't like cats? Mine didn't, but he finally had to give in when my brothers and I all wanted one.
I've had cats all my life and have never had a problem so I don't know what you're Dad is talking about. The only time a cat can be bad for a woman is when she is pregnant. And then, it's not the cat that's bad for her, it's a type of bacteria in the cat's feces that is bad so a pregnant woman should not change or clean the cat's litter. Unless your sister has an allergy to cats (which can happen in BOTH women and men), there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to own a cat.
yes it is harmful 4 girls as it would cause them a problem with sertility and getting babaies and stuff like that..
Cats are not bad for women! Sounds like a lame excuse cuz your pops don't want a cat. Millions of women own cats including me and i m fine!
WELL, IMA WOMAN, AND I HAVE A CAT, AND I AM PERFECTLY FINE. WHAT IT IS , IS THAT PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD NOT CLEAN A LITTER PAN BECAUSE THEY CAN CONTRACT TOXOPLASMOSIS. OTHERWISE THAN THAT, DON'T YOU THINK IF IT WAS NOT SAFE FOR A WOMAN TO BE AROUND CATS, THAT I WOULD'NT BE SITTING HERE HAPPILY TYPING AWAY?
No no no. Cats are not bad for women! I think your dad just doesn't want you to get one!
Unless your sister is allergic to cats, that's just totally ridiculous. I'm 39 years old and I've had cats since I was 11!
It's only for women that are with child , they cant be near the litter box.
no there not bad for woman.
Pregnant women should not be around the cat because there is a bacteria in the cats feces that could cause birth defects or miscarriage. If you are not pregnant, you have nothing to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment