Friday, July 31, 2009

Cat's tail?

I have a new cat (he's between 1-2 years old) and he has a curly tail. I've never seen a cat with a curly tail before. The vet told me it could be a birth defect or maybe the tail got broken and this is the way it healed. Has anyone every heard of a breed of cats that have curly tails?
Answers:
hope this helps: http://www.messybeast.com/curly-tailed.h.
Cat-dog? LOL
no.
I would think the Vet is correct and would of told you if there was a breed like you speak of
I do not think that there is a breed of cats with curly tails, and if there is I have not heard of it. But I do know of a cat that broke his tail in several places. He was fine, but his tail healed crookedly, giving it the appearance of being curly. Congrats on your new, and unique, pet, and good luck!
I'm not sure I've heard of any particular breed, but I rescued a kitten that had been abused, and it's tail was twisted from when the owner had swung it around in the air by it's tail.I had never met the owner, but sure wished I had the chance of swinging him around in the air by one of his body parts.the kitten grew up quite normally, without pain, and today still has her curly tail.
I googled this.could not find anything.My vet has a "cat chart" on her wall, and I have never seen one w/a curly tail.sounds like your vet is right:) Bet it is cute to see though..
No now if it is just the top that goes to one side or another then my cat's does that and I have seen several others like that. This almost sounds like a pigs tail or something, I think in that case the the vet is right and you have a unique cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment