Friday, July 31, 2009

cats spitting on my lap?

whenever i have dusty , my kitten, on my lap he somtimes starts lightly tappin his paws on my lap and rubbing his head on my lap too. when i lift him up, i notice theres a wet patch. its definately not pee, maybe saliva or tears but is this normal for a cat to do ? i dnt mind it but i jus want to know if its normal pls help!
Answers:
it's saliva. he thinks he's nursing, believe it or not. if they're separated from their mom too early (before 6 wks or so) they'll nurse on you or your laundry the rest of their life. it's a sign of affection and it makes them feel more secure so don't yell at him.
sorry i've never heard of that if its not cat urine
this is boy cat? if so he may just be a slobberer. or may have a disformation that causes him to drool- or if female - may be in heat
It is what they use to clean themselves. It is spit and it STINKS!

Gross!
smokey, my cat does this little dance you explained too, but she
does not leave a wet patch, maybe your little one is just excited
i noticed when i put the monthly application of front-line on her back she starts having a runny nose %26 breaths with her mouth open for about 5-10 minutes. i don't think u have too much to worry, but the next time u see the vet ask him/her
Some cats drool when they're kneading their paws (or "making biscuits" as we call it). The paw kneading is part of their nursing behavior and when they feel safe, they do this to you because it's what they did to their mom when they were nursing. I'm not sure why kitties drool during this, but some do and it shouldn't be cause for alarm.
My cat did this when she was just a kitten. She would move her paws back and forth (knead) and also lick, like she was nursing or something. I think she may have been taken away from her mother too soon. Don't worry about it, she'll grow out of it.
He's drooling. The kneading with his paws is natural, it makes him feel comforted, like when he was nursing his mom. It's normal, and one of the adorable things about kitties.
My cat honey buns does the same thing! I asked my vet about it and they didn't really have an answer. But not to worry dusty isn't the only other drooler out their. My best guess is that it's a comfort thing.
you taste delicious. you should be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment