Friday, July 31, 2009

Cats who watch tv?

My cats watch tv. Does this make them dumber then other cats. because i heard that cats brains are too fast so they cant see any pictures on the tv all they see is dots
Answers:
Your kitties are on the opposite end of dumb! In fact, I'd say they're probably pretty darn smart. One of my cats loves watching TV, especially things with animals and lots of movement. I bought a copy of "Video Catnip", which has birds, chipmunks, etc., and she's so enamored by it that she will come and mew at me then go back to the TV and tap the screen until I put on the video. She sits on the piano bench, which I put directly in front of the TV so she can "hit" the animals on the screen. None of my other cats are interested in watching TV, although I have a dog who enjoys anything on the Animal Channel or National Geographic that has dogs in it. I think many pets recognize animals on the screen and enjoy the movement.
my cat likes days of our lives.
At least yours dont run around under salad bowls.
sounds like u need to quit smoking pot lmao
i dunno, my cat watches tv all the time, but she is a little slow.lol. I would love to know who found out all they see is dots?? did their cat tell them this?
I swear my cat watches TV. I know people think I'm nuts when I say that. I wouldn't really worry about it turning them "dumb" or anything like that. I don't believe cats just see "dots", Because my cat will chase the fish on our screen saver and also on TV(she loved shark week!). I hope this helps you.
Whoever told you cats can't watch TV is the dumb one. One of mine watches hockey and he throws some vicious paw checks at the players! Lots of cats watch TV but who knows why? I sure don't.
Cats are not dumb. I had a cat that used to watch NASCAR racing. He would sit in front of the TV for a long time watching the cars go around the track and look for them in the bottom corner of the TV when they were out of site.
My moms cat loves Animal Planet. And she sat on the table and watched that penguin documentary (Morgan Freeman narrates) with her. I think only a truly intelligent cat could appreciate that!

Oh, and she loves the starfield screensaver. Looks under the monitor like "where'd they go"?
my cat Whiskers liked the 2nd season of NipTuck, but he hates the new season.
Pumpkin likes horror movies
Marmalade is always asleep, she doesnt watch tv
then you are lucky if all you need to do is turn on the TV to entertain your kitties. Mine are sooooo high-maintenance! I have to play with them with feather teasers, plastic ball, strings, ribbons, leash them to go walkies, buy expensive treats, give 2/3 of my bed so they can stretch out, build an outdoor cat enclosure and "decorate it" with driftwood. hayyyyyy. You are blessed with such thoughtful cats!
My cat loves to watch hockey. She sometimes lunges at the screen trying to catch the puck.
Both of my cats watch tv sometimes. Their interests vary, sometimes it is animal shows, sometimes movies. My oldest chases the cursor on my computer screen and they both seem normal to me. Except it bothers me when they change the channel when i leave the room. Does that mean they don't like the shows I watch?
Cats do watch tv . it is the movement. Some will even try and catch things moving across the screen
You can get special dvd's to play for your cat. Some are fish tanks, others birds on the trees and butterflies. They are really great.
My cat is always watching Tv and will even try and attack the screen sometimes haha
My cats love to watch TV. They sit with me on the couch and literally stare at the television when I am watching a movie. Sometimes I wonder what they are thinking about.
My cat watches tv and she is smart as a whip.
When my Phoebe was younger, there was a stock car race on the tv. they did a close-up on the cars going around the corner of the track. when the car hit the bottom part of the screen where she was sitting. she ducked. FUNNIEST thing EVER! :-D Yes, Cats watch tv, but it doesn't mean that they are dumb

No comments:

Post a Comment