Thursday, July 30, 2009

cat without kittens?

I have a young female cat who has milk but lost her kits. How long will it take before she stops missing them and the milk goes and her tummy is smooth please? can I have her safely spayed next week so soon?
Thanks
Answers:
She will probably accept that they are gone within a week or so. Yes, you can have her spayed this soon. I had one recently that had to have a C-section and she was spayed immediately after the kittens were delivered. We did it then because she is semi-wild and it needed to be done while we still could. She put up a hell of a fight at the vet's prior to the C-section and we didn't know if we would ever be able to catch her again. In case you are wondering, she was able to nurse her surviving kittens even after having been spayed. The vet told me she could, but I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes! The kittens are 8 mo. old now, fat, lively and healthy!
Cats have short memory, and it usually takes them about 7 days to stop missing the kits.
I don't know about other things, sorry.
i have many local dogs that so glamours
your kitty is fine and her milk will dry up in about a week or sooner and yes you can take her to spray next week it is fine and wont hurt her and she will soon for get that she even had kittens or you can give her a soft toy and she will carrythat around like it was baby but all and all she will be fine cats tend to snap back quik
Awl, it's all so sad. Made me sniffle.
Poor, poor little kittycat. I am so sorry for her and you to have to see her with no kittens. Please love her through it and give her lots of fuss. I hope you both get over this well. Best wishes.X
I'm not too sure how long it takes for the milk to dry up or how long it will be before she doesn't miss her babies, but she can be spayed right now.
Her milk will go away within 2 weeks. as for spaying your suppose to wait 3 weeks after kittens are weened that would usually mean about 9-10 week after giving birth but because the poor little thing has lost her kittens I'm afraid i don't know.

all the best
hiya
ive been through this a few times with my cats not a nice thing to go through
give her a couple of weeks it will take a bit of time and give her alot of love
it sounds like she has a wonderfull family good luck hun
:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment