Thursday, July 30, 2009

Cats at the window safe or risky?

I got a new kitten and have a large cat. They play around with each other( the larger cat I've had 4 6 months the kitten I adopted this Saturday afternoon). Should I be at all worried that if they were playing rough at the window that the screen could pop and I'd have dead, hurt of lost cats? my friend said the screen is good but I worry. I know I was going to adopt a cat from this one lady and she told me she jumped out of a 2nd story window and escaped but came back later so I think that also plays in to me being worried. I just want to protect my new kitty and he's real active so I'm jus worrying that either they get into a fight or get too active with each other and could cause them to fall out of the window. The larger cat weighs about 14 lbs of mostly muscle.
thanks:-)
Answers:
Dont open the window wide enough for that to happen. Their your babies. You have to keep them safe.
My cats recently popped out the screen in my living room window (fortunately it's on the first floor and only a couple of feet above the porch). I'd recommend keeping the window closed (if possible) until the kitten settles down.
my neice fell through the window screen, but she weighed more than 14 pounds.so, um, if you are worried about it I would either close the window, or put something in front of it that will block them from hitting the screen. better safe than sorry
You can always get more cats.
Tinfoil! Cats won't get near the stuff. Put tinfoil strips across the screen, in front of the window (is there a ledge? that'd be perfect) and anywhere between them %26 the screen. It may not look great, but it may save your kitties' lives. Trust me, they won't go near the stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment