Friday, July 31, 2009

Cats or dogs and why?

I think cats are better right now, but I love puppies! I like that cats stay small, too. Are there any little dogs that aren't spazz's? And which cats are the best?
Answers:
Cats are the best. They are more independant. Less needy but they are still affectionate. Less mess, less work but all the benefits of a small sweet cuddly baby. I have polydactyl cats- the kind with extra toes and they are my favorite. They are very relaxed. We can carry ours around on their backs in our arms like a baby and they are very playful but never use their claws.
samise cats are the best
cats basically take care of themselves, there very easy and almost always friendly, and dont cause much of a mess around the house
I love the little tiny small dogs they are so cute and watch after you and the kids.
dogs b/c they are cool and furry and loyal and playful and cut and there is a BIG variety of them and they dont lay around sleeping all day
Dogs for me, because I am allergic to cats. Dogs are loyal and any breed of dog would be good with the proper, consistent training and exercise.
Dogs. don't know why but i love puppies.
I'd have to say dogs are better but everyone has their own opinion. Dogs can be loveable at times and the active and energized next. my favorite dog breed is a boxer and they arent spazzes well most of them it depends on the dog itself too. The two boxers that I've had were very loveable and love to play outside. Little dogs that arent spazzes I'd think are pugs. I'm not really sure on cat breeds but I have a tabby cat and he is lazy and occasionally catched mice. But he is also very loveable.
Dogs have masters. Cats have servants. It comes down to your personality and what you like. If you like dogs there are plenty of small breeds out there.

I like both, living in apartments most of my life meant cats as pets.

I also like that cats are far easier to care for, just clean the box every day, food and water and they are happy.
Please don't vote against me, but i don't like them both, they are animals some people, make pets much more important than human "poor human".

it's just a point of veiw nothing else

Leon
I say dogs. Cats can be weird sometimes and spazz out whenever they feel like it. But if you like puppies, you have to realize they will get bigger and change. I can't really recommend a small dog. It just depends on the dog itself.
Cats: They're there when you want them and they're not when you don't. They pee in their litter box, unless they spray, which can usually be fixed by getting them fixed. They're low maintenance and they don't slobber. They're softer than dogs, they stay small, and they're a lot less needy.

I'm totally biased though, I had three cats when I was growing up, and I've never like dogs.
Dogs have feelings, personality, loyalty.cats have nothing.
No cat is the best.all cats are selfish loveless creatures that just want food. Get yourself a dog, a true companion, that will love you unconditionally.
I like both. We have three cats and one dog. A lot of times, the dog acts like she is a cat. She spazzes sometimes but not too bad. She is part Bichon and part poodle.
DOGS, they don't climb all over the counters. They are loyal companions, while cats think only of themselves.
I have both, but I must say the cat is less responsibility, she is more independent and she knows how to go potty in her litter box. As for my dog she is always pooping on the floor and chewing things, but she is way more effectionate than the cat.
They both bring me joy in different ways, they are both mutts and I love them.
It all depends on your life style really. Cats can take care of themselves for a few days at a time. You just give them a good size litter box, big bowl of food and water and you can go away for a long week-end. A dog must be let out at least twice a day and so they are much more to worry about in that way. I love both and I have both but I am very lucky that all my pets are very good and well trained. Plus I have neighbors that check on my kitties and dog when I am away. Good Luck!
Dogs and cats are both great pets, but your lifestyle should be a main focus when choosing. If you live in an apartment, condo, or rented room, a cat is better equipped for small spaces. They don't need as much care, if you are not home alot, and don't need to be exercised. Even small dogs need space to run and exercise, and a small dog in a confined space is going to be even more spazzy. As to cat breeds, it also depends on your lifestyle. Long hairs like Persians and Himalayans need to be groomed frequently, both for appearance and health. Maine Coons and other larger cats are good if you like dogs, they have more doglike qualities.
To get a small dog that isn't hyper is not only part of the breed but also part of the personality of the dog that you get. The same thing with cats. You shouldn't have someone chose a cat or dog for you just because of their view but you should consider what you want the dog or cat for. If you want a dog that wants to lay down with you and to be cuddled I recommend a lap dog, which usually is a toy dog. A toy dog are dogs that don't need a lot of exercise. However if you want a dog to be active with you and you have a big yard, I recommend a bigger perhaps a working dog. Working dogs need lots of exercise and they need a big yard to run around in v.s. a small dog that doesn't. Also keep in mind that puppies don't stay small and cute forever.

For cats the same thing. It depends on what your house is like and what breed that will work best for you. Different breeds get to different adult sizes. Some cats will get to 22 pounds others will stay small like kittens forever. It is had to predict which cat will stay small and which cat will become big. I hope this helps in your decision.
this has always been a dumb question. you can't compare cats and dogs, they are completley different. Its like asking, "whats better, a ferret or a goldfish?" they are both great for different reasons, and it depends what you want out of a pet.
Cats, becuase you already registered in the cat category :)
I have a cat, cats are easier to care for than a dog. Much quieter too. And petting a cat's soft furry body is relaxing!

No comments:

Post a Comment