Thursday, July 30, 2009

Cats Aggressive After The New Baby?

Okay well I recently moved downstairs and my 3 cats who used to have a whole room to play around in are now in a pretty big storage closet type of room.and I recently had a baby 2 weeks ago.this is why they are in there.I let them out once in a while, but only when the baby's out or under my supervision.and my mom used to be able to walk in and the cats were fine, especially with my oldest cat who's 6 years old, but she's recently become really aggressive towards anyone but me.if I go in, they come rushing and surrond me wanting my attention, but as soon as my mom trys to, they attack and hiss at her.my oldest and the youngest have always hisses at each other, but it seems worse now.I know they miss me and prolly are frusterated with less room to themselves..now.so what can I do to stop this?
I try to spend as much time as possible with them, seeing as I'm always home.what can I do to stop all this or help out so that my mother can be able to get stuff and not worry??
Answers:
they are upset and scared!
you should have introduced them to the baby just as you did the othr cats when they came to live in your home. It's only a wives tale that cats will take a baby's breathe. let them out to run as they did before and let them know their limitations where the baby is concerned, after all they were your babies at one time so there is going to be some jealousy and confusion. animals have feelings too!
It sounds like the cats are more used to you than your mother, I don't know if you hand raised the cats or not. It really seems like a territory issue. They view your mother as a threat, I say, just wait until the kittens grow up.
Maybe you should just let your cats roam free throughout the house and supervise to make sure they don't harm your infant. Such a sudden change and being locked in a closet would piss me off too. They probably just want their freedom back; I am sure they would be fine around the baby. They are curious creatures who want to know whats going on around them.
they are probably jealous my cats got jealous when my sister was born when baby sleep try spoiling cat to physical limit without sighing with annoyance
It dosent get as much atenntion as he/she did befor the knew baby so it will just have to get use to it
Cats after having a newborn get really over-protective over there kitten/s
Honey, I know you love your baby and your cats, but if you do not feel comfortable letting the cats out in your home, you need to consider giving the cats up for adoption to a no-kill shelter. You cannot confine them like that and expect them to be happy, especially when you cannot afford the time to give them the attention they deserve. If you truly love them, let them out in the house or help them find a new home.
This might be because the cats aren't getting as much attention as they used to. Also having more than 1 cat usually makes the cats more attached to each other. If you only have one they are usually more attached to the humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment