Friday, July 31, 2009

Cat's tail is really warm?

I know that I should take him to the vet, and I will call, but its 12.00 on friday night and I'm gonna have to wait over the weekend for him to see a vet. I was just wondering if anyone could shed light on this?

My cat's tail is really hot towards the back. The hair also seems thinned there, but I haven't noticed him chewing it. There's no swelling and he doesn't mind me touching it. What could be wrong, is it likely to be serious?
Answers:
It could whats called a hot spot. Bacteria spread rapidly among the hair follicles in the irritated area causing bald, circular patches of painfully inflamed skin, or hot spot. These will heal on their own if kept clean and well-aired. if it precise for more than a week then make an appointment with your vet. If the area starts to flake, then get some tea tree oil from a health food or lotions and potions store. some pets stores carry it as well. Good luck.
since it isnt bothering him it he will probably be ok till u can take him to vet. or try calling aspca they should be able to give u advice. im in australia and we have rspca that gives advice so the aspca should to.
Hmm. Could be nothing- or at least minor-, especially if he doesn't mind you touching it. I know my cat is really sensitive about his tail being handled, even when it's fine. Maybe a small child pulled on it? Pulled some hair out and left a bruise. Or, he could have a mild infection due to a case of dandruff or mites. Or, a bug bite might explain the warmth, too.

Vet would know for sure- if he starts getting lethargic, stops eating, or the tail starts to swell up take him to an ER vet- those are more serious symptoms. Good luck!
my god women
its got to poop
stand clear now
and dont look up when the chips are down
im sure he will be fine.my cats' ears get hot sometimes but it doesnt seem to bother him. dont worry he will be fine

No comments:

Post a Comment