Wednesday, July 29, 2009

cat with ticks?

I just found a tick on my cat's chin, yech. I looked on the internet how to remove a tick and it said to twist it off and then clean it with rubbing alcohol, which I did. There seems to be a little bump where the tick was and some redness. Should I be concerend? I don't want it to get infected. I hope that I did the right thing.

Thank you for your time.
Answers:
tick bites are that THAT serious. Sounds like you did the right thing. There usually is a little irratation on the skin after you pull it out. Just watch it and I am sure it will be fine. There is the slight risk of Lyme disease, but it is unlikely. If the cat shows any signs of illness later, take her to the vet. I have had several tick bites on myself and never had any get infected.
if your cat has a tick, RUN! ITS A BOMB!
LOL.That's funny.I just picked 5 of the little suckers off my kitty.

I usually put a little dab of Neosporin on the bite site.that should keep it from infection and itching.
tick bites are really serious and should be taken care of right away by a health professonal. ttake your cat to the vet just to be safe.
you did the right thing.i wonder if its like when you get your ears pearced and have to clean it twice a day.get a vet to check it out

No comments:

Post a Comment