Monday, May 24, 2010

Do cats have emotions?

My cats seem to be strangly attached to me. They seem to be really sad when I'm away for a day or two. Do they have feelings that can be hurt?? Just wondering. I know, I'm the crazy cat lady. I just don't want them to be sad.
Answers:
All pets (animals) have emotions, and if they are closely attached to you they can sense when something is wrong with you. A lot of Psychiatrists and Psychologists think pets are good for people with depression. And all kinds of animals are used for therapy. My bunny, gets mad if I'm gone and thumps at me when I get back. He also don't like visitors he isn't use to in the house, and will thump the whole time company is there if he don't know them. Pets can be very close to us, very attached.
yes, all pets do
yep, they sure do.
everyone does!
even trees all livin things even ants!
Yes.
Most definitely. My cats even have their own unique personalities. Chances are, they just love you because you treat them well and give them good vibes.
Let your neighbor start feeding them and we'll see how "attached" they are to you. Have you ever heard of a cat saving someone from a burning building?
no I kick my cat every day and he still loves me and keeps coming back for more. i think he likes it now
yes they do, and the longer they live with humans the more emotionally they are in tune with their human masters.
your not crazy, of course cats as well as most animals have emotions and feelings.
Oh definately all animals have feelings they are just like humans in my opinion! My cats always know what to do and how to react to certain things if you watch them when you dont feel good they will rub on you and want to to be there by you non sto pbut they also know when its time to get away LOL.. My cats are really attached to me and when I leave they always run and get onthe kitchen table to look out the window untill I get in the car and the car backs up then they jump down.. They also are always waiting for me when I get home They have feelings and they have a brain, Dogs do the same things havent you ever known of a dog that tears things up when its owners are away?? They get depressed when they arent used to things just like we humans do.
Yes. When one of mine does something wrong you can tell he knows. And he pouts until he is forgiven.
YES they care about you! And whatever other people who don't have cats may say, it's not just cupboard love. I have people who watch my cats when I'm out of town, and the cats are always thrilled to see me come back.
Of course they have feelings. My cats miss me when I'm gone. One of my cats had to stay at the vet for 2 days and while she was gone my other cat was so depressed, he winned and would set at the door and wait for her. Brought her home and he was all over her, rubbing on her and just as happy as can be. And they do the same when i'm gone and come home.
never
my cats would very rearly come near me. but i went away for a month (i had someone feeding them). i came back a few days ago and they will not leave my side. so yes i think they have emotions.
I absolutely believe they have emotions. I am a pet grooming salon owner, and have seen many different emotions coming from cats. the most frightening one is when the water first hits them, they try to cling to the nearest person with dear life. I also see their emotions when they have have one to many times with the comb. they get angry. but the most special is when their owner comes and picks them up and they love all over them. Personally, my cat knows the sound of my car and waits at the door to greet me without fail. he also knows when I am ill, I had surgery recently and he never left my side unless he had to do his business or to eat.
yes they do and they do get mad. My father in law has a cat and she has mood swings i know it sounds crazy but she is a spoiled cat and if she does not get her way she gets very upset.
Absolutely. Dogs and Cats are really sweet pets. I had a cat before who would purr when I came back after work.
of course they do have feeling, because i have cats (2). when im confined to the hospital, my cats are not playfull, and eat a little. when i got home they jump and sit to my lap, kissing me, they seems theyre happy seeing me again. so with my dogs. if you show love in them they will show more love by way of licking your face and sitting on to your lap, look their tails its funny isnt it.
You should get hundreds of replies on this from cat lovers, (me included) :) Of course they have emotions! Generations of being tuned in to their humans, bred to be companions, and their extreme sensitivity (a hunting gene) have made them little psychiatrists! My daughters cat would sulk whenever she came home from a trip and after he felt she'd "suffered enough" he'd be all lovey again. Mine are very tuned in to my emotions, especially if I'm sad or depressed. But, cats aren't the only ones - I had an Arabian stallion who wouldn't eat if I went away for a few days.
They sure do have emotions. One of my friends had 2 cats %26 one died %26 the other one was so sad, stopped eating %26 kept looking %26 waiting for the other one come home.

Also if one of the cats falls off the couch while they're asleep or do something else really unco they look all offended if you laugh at them.
mine is very jealous
Of course they do! You are their family. The good news is that they will get over it. HOWEVER, if you are gone for more than a day or two, have a friend over to socialize with them. BTW, your screen name is interesting to me. My cat's name is Gemini. Are you a Gemini or is your cat a Gemini or is your cat named Gemini?
YES! Dont worry when you're away they miss you, but that makes them even happier when you come back home!
Yes, cats have emotions. They get sad because you are away, your the person that feeds them, pets them. They are intune with you. Also they are cats and they will get into mischief. Good that you have 2, they keep each other occupied.
oh yes they do! i have the sweetest smartest cat i think but he is so independant too, what cat isnt though?!
Yes they do
Absolutely - cats have emotions. They can feel happy, depressed, angry, anxious. while they do not probably have the fine nuances of human emotions, they do have feelings!

No comments:

Post a Comment