Monday, May 24, 2010

Do cats get horny like dogs?

My kitten is 6 months now, he got fixed like 2 wks ago. I was wondering how come he never humps anything like my puppies used to do? The only time was that he was licking himself and i saw the red lil thing came out, but i dont' think it has spikes,maybe my cat is not normal?
Answers:
Once a female cat goes into heat, she will do so again and again (as often as every two weeks) until she is either: a) pregnant or b) spayed. It *is* extremely uncomfortable for her and will get worse rather than better. Your veterinarian may be able to give her shots to make her more comfortable. At one time, they gave male hormones for this purpose, but I think that practice has been discontinued.
Female cats in heat will go to any lengths to get outside and mate. I've also heard of toms tearing the screens off windows to get to them.
the little red thing is his private part. your cat is normal and fine. dont worry.
Very normal cats are different then dogs, have more manners they prefer to do that in private you should see when a female goes into heat and thefemale howls like crazy, thats her horny call lol.
Yes, they do.
Now that your cat is neutered he won't spray or exhibit sexual tendancies. As he grows he will get very large and be very, very affectionate. My cats were half wild until I had them neutered and over nite they became the sweetest things in the world. You'll be amazed how lovey-dovey he will be. But not for the "ladies". He won't care anything about female cats.
yes my tabby cats humped our blue blanket in the living room more than once it was really weird and funny.
The fact that you had your kitten fixed is good. It will help.

My male cat still tries to mount my female cat but it is a dominance thing rather than a sex thing.
no its normal
Wow. A little shocking with the wording, there.

Well, I'd have to say that all animals are different. My male cat was neutered at one year old. He tries to "hump" the female spayed ones all the time. And YES, I've seen "it" sticking out. I've heard that it has a lot to do wtih the age of the cat when it's neutered. Since my male was already sexually mature, he may still have residual hormones (not all are produced in the testes). That combined with the fact that he remembers these feelings make him continue to pursue the females.

So, my answer is that all animals are different.
yes they do, and tht red thing is theprivate part
they may do surgery on its genitals, but they can't stop the hormones from being produced in the brain.

actually, both of our male cats are fixed %26 the older one went through a phase where he kept trying to hump the little boy kitty. it was quite amusing and he was never successful.

also, when our youngest was brought home from being fixed, his little pink friend came out-- i think it was because he was so happy to see me! (seriously!)

occasionally, our older male cat (fixed) will meow this weirdo meow out the window sometimes-- i guess it is a "cat" call. it is a constant thing until i shut the window.
I have a 16-month-old Tonkinese male, neutered at 5 months. I also have a 5-month-old female Himalayan (Colourpoint Persian) kitten. And yes, the male DOES try to "do the deed" with the female. Funny thing is, she lets him even though she's not mature yet. And no, it isn't dominance-- she actually dominates HIM! He also gets an erection sometimes when I scratch near his tail. So yes, cats do get "horny".

I was the surgical assistant for my Tonk's surgery, so I know without a doubt that he was done. The testicles were not yet mature-- he hadn't hit "puberty" yet. However, the testes aren't the only source of testosterone. The pituitary produces testosterone beginning in the womb. There would HAVE to be some testosterone in order to even begin to develop as a male.

Cats don't usually hump objects as much as dogs do-- they express their "desires" in other ways. I say USUALLY because I did have a spayed female that would hump things. Turned out that she had a remnant of a third ovary high in her abdomen and she was still coming into heat even though she was "spayed". And yes, the cat's penis does have spikes on it-- more like sandpaper than a cactus, though.

You said your cat was neutered 2 weeks ago. Assuming your cat has hit puberty before he was fixed, it can take up to a month for his hormone levels to drop back down to where they were before he was neutered. But even so, your boy knows he's a boy, and he knows what girls are-- it's in their programming.
He's normal. But yes cats can get horney too I had a male once who'd hump my female while she was sitting in my lap!!

No comments:

Post a Comment