Monday, May 24, 2010

do animals like cats or dogs ever get the urge to laugh? if so how do they express themselves?


Answers:
Yes they do. They get as excited and emotional as we do. I use to have a precious dog that smiled. When my kids would do something really funny and we all laughed our dog would grin from ear to ear showing all her teeth. I have a cat which purrs louder when it seems there is a lot of laughter going on in the house. I sometimes wonder since this is her way of expressing pleasure, if the louder the purr means she is laughing.
I don't think so. Weird thought though
Animals act on instinct, not emotions.
i know this sound crazy but i think they express themselves with their tail. and my dog whines in a high pitch way when she is happy.
I'm not sure about actual laughing, but you can generally tell the difference between when they are very happy and quite miserable.
No, they don't.
Think about this. Whenever we laugh, someone, somewhere is getting hurt emotionally or physically. Animals can feel happy, but not at someone elses expense. They don't laugh.
When my dog is happy you can see it in his eyes. He opens his eyes wider and his mouth is hanging wide open. When he is mad or annoyed he almost squints his eyes and his mouth is closed. Of course there is the tail wag, but for some reason, and maybe it is a husky thing, he does not wag his tail much.

But yes in short an animal can tell you whether he or she is happy or not. I would be willing to bet that they also have a sense of humor. For example when they get wet they often like to come right up next to you to shake off. I believe this is their mischief which is related to humor.
Read their body language and look deep into their eyes. Animals are VERY expressive if you take the time to watch tiny things like how a cat holds her whiskers, how a dog walks, or even how a horse licks his lips. Sometimes I can see my pets "laughing" just by watching their eyes.
I know they both express theirselves with their tails. Cats also express theirselves with their ears. If a cat is really mad, their ears are completely back and if they are about to attack their ears are stickng str8 up.

No comments:

Post a Comment