Friday, May 21, 2010

cutest cat stories?

I have a small pastel calico at that will just look at you w/ her bright green eyes and nudge you w/ her face til you pet her and if you ignore her she starts to nibble on you. its so cute
Answers:
Several years ago I adopted a male kitten who we called Molly ( ! )Whilst pregnant with him and his siblings his mum was involved in a road accident. Two of the kittens did not survive the birth, but Molly and his sisters who we also adopted , lived. Mum survived and the lady who owned the cat rescue centre adopted her as a house only cat.
Molly was an absolute delight, although brain damaged( he had taken an injury due to the accident) he delighted us with his antics. He used to watch his sisters , and learned a lot from them. He copied as best he could within his limitations.
He went , whilst still a tiny kitten , to have a drink from the communal water dish and proceeded to put his front paws in the dish, and then because it was so cold , wee wee on the floor !
Another time whilst lying in the garden saw a helicopter fly overhead and actually tried to catch it in his paws!
One day when it was very windy he watched for ages , while things blew around the garden. Suddenly he pounced on a huge leaf and brought it in the house as his "kill " .
When he was tiny we had to give him physiotherapy as the stem of his tail had been broken and as cats use their tails as counterbalance, he found it impossible to walk along fences and walls like his sisters. We massaged him daily and gave him treats when he achieved feats ( for him ) like going up the stairs and eventually jumping onto the chair.The chair incidentally that became HIS !!
He gave us lots of love and he found if he made a coughing sound all the family would take notice. He was such a star .
Unfortunately he had a weak heart and when the vet could do no more for him I had to make the decision to let him go. That is 5 years ago now and my family and neighbours still talk so fondly about "OUR SPECIAL BOY "
I had a cat named Jordan who use to go to work with me and camping. At the camp site he only liked one spot and if someone got it before us, he would go to it and cry all night. One time the people moved so we could have the site and Jordan was happy.
My cat Lilly licks my hair, hmmm can't think if it's love or the taste of my hair product.
my 2 kitties used to walk with me to work every day. then run back home after "dropping me off".
I have 2 siamese cats and they're sisters. The bigger one likes to find a toy and start meowing while the toy is in her mouth. She wont stop until she finds he sister. The only problem is she does this in the middle of the night!
I have to cats and both of them will come when ever I whistle. Also I am awake at night when my hubby sleeps and they go bed with him each night and every morning they "knock" at the door when they are ready to get up. When you tell them, "go to bed!" they run to the bedroom and jump on the bed. They are so darn cute, LOL
My 32 pound Maine Coon cat Tucker loves to eat and if you do not feed him when he wants to be feed he will go into the kitchen open a cupboard door and pull out pots and pans just to get your attention. Yup he runs our house.. lol
That is cute when they do that.
Well, I dont know about cute but it is funny and I laugh now though then I did not.
About 5 yrs ago I went to move (a long distance) and I had my Jeep all filled with stuff, including cat, but I had been looking for a new vehicle. I saw this dealers sign from the road about this "Big Clearance" so I stopped in. Well, I couldn鈥檛 just leave the cat in the car so my boyfriend took her out of the car; she was in a cat carrier. A few minutes go by and we are talking to the guy about this and that and the cat will not stop meowing. He asks us why we took her out and I said she needs some air, well my boyfriend thinks it would be good for her to get out of the cage. So he ties her leash to the carrier. A couple of minutes later I look back and I was like "Why did you tie her to the carrier, its not strong enough?" Him,"She'll be fine." A minute later we walk over to pick her up and she takes off! Yeah! Running all over the parking lot full of NEW CARS, smashing and crashing into all kinds of not just cars but people too. Finally the cage breaks off and she runs up one of those big trucks that carry the new cars in and gets stuck up under one of the cars carriages! People are looking at us like we lost it. The manager comes out and is looking at us. I was OMG! It took one of the mechanics 30 minutes to get her from under the car and he smashed his knee in the process. Needless to say we left, no new car!
All these stories are just to cute!! We have 3 and they love to take walks. You can just go over to the empty field close to the house and walk around that and come back and they are happy, but if you take them to the mail box and around the field they are in heaven, the longer the walk the better.
I have a white Persian that I adopted that was a rescue cat. When I walked past his cage without giving him a look, he hooked me with his paw. I turned and saw him and fell in love with him on the spot. He has moved into our home and our hearts and is in complete charge around here! Our shih tzu even takes orders from the cat!
Ever since I was a kid I remember our cats had a curfew.
They are allowed out side, but at 9pm the back porch light
is flicked on by mom and the cats have exactly 15 min to
get to the door or I was sent out with a flashlight to find them.
Not an easy task for a 13 yr old and we also lived on 3
acres. Thank god the cats would always come when you
called them or they would just appear by your feet while
your scanning the yard with a flashlight. Well now I am 33
and we have been through at least 6 more cats.. But they are
all trained (somehow) the same way, when that porch light
comes on they better get to the door or the next day they are
grounded inside. My dad finally got a cat (he hated them for
years) this cat is perfect for him, it's not friendly and all it
wants is to be let outside.. But when my dad goes to the door
and whistles that cat is always there within minutes, sometimes
panting (like it ran)..

To bad the 6 kids my parents had didn't listen like the cats
did.
Cats are very cute when they want to be.

When my daughter was a baby, I would be outside hanging the washing or doing gardening, and our cat Lady would come and find me, swat my leg and meow loudly, until she got my attention, and bolt towards the door, open it and race up the hall to my daughters room, or to the telephone.

She was unreal for letting me know when our baby was crying or the phone was ringing. One day she (Lady) answered the phone, by knocking it off the cradle, and meowing down the phone, before coming to get me, I was totally perplexed as to how the phone was on the counter top, I picked it up, and it was my husbands Aunty laughing at the cat who'd meowed to her.

Sadly a snake bite her and she died, and I miss her even now, after 18 years.

I also miss Madame Chester, she was my companion when I was really ill. She died 3 years ago due to feline leukaemia, which broke my heart. She was 9 years old (human years).

I have a Manx cat now, and she is very independent, and intelligent, who can flush the toilet, open doors, and she fetches a small ball, for my husband. Looks so cute to see her chase the ball and bring it back to him.
When my hubby was sick with a tummy bug, (brought home by our daughter, the cat sat watch over him, and hissed and spat at our daughter), every time she (daughter) checked on her father who is an insulin diabetic. When I came home the cat left her post, to come and sit with me.

"Cats leave paw prints on our hearts"
throughout my life i had many animals we had cats with extra fingers ones that drooled one that shook paws and took my dads hat off.The best was sunshine and freddy they where our two siamese cats i grew up with they loved the heat especially our body heat.when my brother n i where small our two cats would fall asleep on my lap.It would be close to bed time so i would b wereing my nightgown now these two would stay on your lap for hours and when it was time for bed i would carry them in my nightgown all the way to bed once i would get to bed my brother would get upset because sunshine was his favorite and he wanted her in his room so he would go to the kitchen and sneak her fav treat ,a slice of cheese .He would go to his bed and krinkle the package and come running into his room n he would keep her there for the night she would get into bed with him an stay.That was just one cute memory from a childhood.hope you enjoyed the story.
Well, my cat Bentley is quite the character. First of all, he does the same thing as yours! Especially if you're sleeping and you don't wake up you get a nibble on your nose or our eyebrow. Second.he LOVES the vaccuum, and when I say love i mean LOVE. He will sit by the vaccuum and stare at you and if you don't do anything he'll start rubbing against it and meowing until you turn it on. then he practically rolls into the vaccuum while you're sucking his fur and his tail into it..i know, WEIRDO, while he's meowing in pleasure! Now he's into the blowdryer also.does the same thing with that. If he's not in sight when you turn on the vaccuum or blowdryer he will be there within 10 seconds waiting for his "grooming".

No comments:

Post a Comment