Monday, May 24, 2010

Do cats eat frogs?

Do some cats eat frogs? Or does eating frogs make them froth at the mouth, or make them sick somehow?
Answers:
I suppose cats will eat a frog. Did yours?

I know that there are toxins on some species of frogs that make them bad tasting and could make an animal sick, if they try to eat the frog.
yeah they do
my cat ate frogs w/out a problem. guess it depends on the type of frog
Cats hunt frogs bot do not necessarily eat them.
No cats don't eat frogs. Some frogs have poison and will kill them.
Cats eat frogs only when seasoned and fried,
my cat ate a frog and she's fine. but i do suggest you dont feed frogs to them. because eventually it will probably make them sick. stick with cat food
I dont think so. But may be its possible
some frog r eaten by cat which not poisen
If your outside cat is frothing at the mouth, get it to a vet now.
That is a sign of rabies.
I don't know if they eat frogs or not, but frothing at the mouth is not a good thing.
Yes cats eat frogs. Also Lizards, snakes and bugs. They do not eat toads.
I have seen cats eat frogs and get sick afterward. I have seen cats eat frogs and not get sick afterwards, I have not seen frothing at the mouth after a cat has eaten a frog.

I once saw a very large bullgrof attack a kitten. The kitten won, though.
Cats love frogs, but after watching them some cats have been known to try jumping like frogs, which they are not very good at and can have unfortunate effects.
I THINK CATS EAT FROG BUT IT IS NOT RIGHT FOR THEM SO DONT DARE TO DO IT.
yes, some cats do eat frogs and sometimes it can make them very sick so be careful. frothing at the mouth is not right. throwing up a lot can cause frothing but still get your cat checked out. asap.
yes. cats eat frogs from my own experience owning sevrel cats. i have recently caught my cat eating one on the front lawn.
Some cats will. I think most cats will chase a from because of the way they move.
If it is a toad they are toxic to cats just like moles!
Other frogs and mice are fine.

Eatting something that is toxic will make them very ill and foam at the mouth and throw up it can kill them so it is very important to get them to the vet i almost lost my 16 year old cat. He's just to old to catch anything other than a frog lol.
yes they do.

3 comments:

  1. my cat been eating frogs for a few days the past few nights he been jumping in my window witha frog in his mouth iv seen him eat hole frogs outside on my porch so and hes never gotten sick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just watched my cat catch a toad this morning. There is no water around so I assume it is not a frog. She dropped it in the house & began to foam at the mouth. I got the toad to hop outside, & got the cat inside where she no longer frothed, but acted as if she was trying to get a bad taste out of her mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! No words. You always go one step beyond.

    There is so much great, useful information here. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    Read our guide if you wish.
    Bestreviewtop

    Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete