Friday, May 21, 2010

Curious Cat..?

How come when we open the sliding door.. my cat tends to escape and he goes out side.. but he doesnt run away.?? Our neighbor does have a dog and my cat gets excited when shes out.. even if shes not out he;s still outside.. He would lay in the sun like nothing is wrong by the neigbors fence or in our front yard. He's a house cat.. is he just curious whats out there? Sometimes its sooo funny he would manage to get out the fint door and goes to the backdoor waiting to get back in LOL.. would he run away one day..?? :(
Answers:
My cats are all indoor cats, but I do have one who consistently tries to escape. If the door is left ajar, he'll leave and run strait to the grass and then freeze. He wants out but he doesn't know what to do once he's there.
Once he went out the back door and no one knew he was gone, but all he did was come around to the front door and cry.
If yours is an indoor cat, he may eventually get lost if he gets out unsupervised. Be careful!
My cat does the same. Almost every cat I've met likes to explore, however they aren't stupid animals-- they know that you have the food!

I would suggest trying to keep him inside as much as possible because there are many dangers outside that indoor cats are not used to. It is entirely possible that he could run away one day if he is outdoors and gets spooked, however since he has shown that he wants to be indoors and doesn't go far, I wouldn't worry too much.
Most Cat's love to play outside, it's just natural. Doesn't mean they want to run away. I would be wary of dangers though (cars, mean people, trash - yes some cats like to play in the trash and eat thrown out food which can give them distemper). Cat's that stray too far from the door or are gone for long periods of time may live longer if you make them stay inside and settle with a view of the outdoors from the windowsill.
yes! he is
well you better watch out, remember, curiosity killed the cat.
haha. sorry. couldn't send you an email

neither are greasy, but the cream is thicker and more moisturizing than the lotion. I would go to the counter and ask for a sample to use before you buy it to make sure its what you want, but I love it. the cream is also great for soothing a chapped nose after you have a cold.
My cats are indoor cats occasionally they nag to go outside I let them out they stay out for a minute and nag to get back in.

No comments:

Post a Comment