Monday, May 24, 2010

Do cats get attached to one person?

I rescued one cat 6 months ago he's more moody around me then my friend who is housing him then I adopted a kitten probably around 6 months old( they said 4 months) this is my cat and I am afraid if I am not there a whole lot will he get more attached to my friend and not me? if so is there anything I can do about it? I do plan 2 be there more it's just he got a new job so he could pay his rent and works till 2 am a lot of nights which is pointless for me an hour to his place if we're not gonna get a chance to hang out. I think he'll be able to get better hours soon though.
Answers:
Not if you de-claw them. Without claws, it is hard for them to attach to anything.
Cats are independent creatures, and sometimes do not really get attached to anyone, unless they are the provider of food. It is not unheard of for a cat to get attached to one person more so than another, but when you finally take him in and are the sole provider of food and love, things will more than likely change. Take care!
I'm not sure but I have a cat and it's seems to follow me around the house, but with everyone else she tries to jump on them when they walk past. I think that cats are attached to the person that feeds them and gives them attention.
they can
No - cats do have an idea of what person to come to for food and water but they don't depend on your approval or love like a dog!
Hey! I believe they do. I rescued a cat, and my son and I spent about a week making a big fuss over her. My husband, an over the road trucker came home, and that little cat adored him! She would not leave his side. She now is a truckin' kitty. :)
Cats will adapt. They will get attached, or used to one person more if they spend more time with them. That doesn't mean that you can't build your own relationship with him. If you make it a point to give him a treat everytime you enter the door, he'll run to greet you. If you do the feeding, the brushing, and you are the one that sits on the couch and pets him, he'll learn that you are the one he wants to be around. My aunt died and left behind 2 cats, each one about 11 years old. They are now 13, and both used to run from anyone and everyone. They now come right up to me or my grandmother because we are the only people that come around them on a daily basis. They have grown to know and trust us, but they still hide from strangers. Don't be a stranger to your cat. Like I said, you be the one to give your cat the goodies he wants.
yes, they become very attached to one person

My sister had a cat when she was 7, when sis moved out 13 years later - the cat was scared, upset, shocked, she couldn't understand what had happened, she couldn't eat, sleep. then she got closer to me and everything was again fine
We have a cat at my house, but I personally despise it. Despite this, the cat seems to like me more than anyone else currently. Perhaps the less attention you show cats, the more they desire attention from you.
Usually, cats get attached to a place, and not a person.
I got this cat when I was 14 years old. I'm now 28, and the cat is still alive and lives with my mother and father, and will not let anyone touch her, but me. she runs if anyone else even attempts to get neat her, like she is scared.

I think if you put all efforts into spending lots of time w/ your kitty, she will still know you love her, even if you don't get to spend the most time with her. and I think that she will love you the same.
according to me CATS ARE NOT LIKE DOGS.THEY DONT GET ATTACHED WITH ANYONE THAT EASY.THEY BIT WILD INSTINCT CREATURES..
1 CAT GAVE BIRTH TO KITTENS IN OUR HOME..ALTHOUGH WE CONSIDER CAT AS BAD LUCK.BUT WE FED THE KITS..THE TWO KITS ARE ATTCAHEDF WITH THEMSELVES QUITE A LOT.YOU KNOW ONE KIT HAS RAN AWAY NOW THE OTHER HAS BECOME VERY DULL..HE KEEPS SITTING THE WHOLE DAY..

BUT U KNOW MY SISTER FEEDS THEM REGULARLY..SO THEY RECOGNISE HER.THE KIT START RUNNING AROUND HER WENEVER SHE COMES OUT OF HOUSE..THEY DO I THINK HAVE SOME ATTACHMENT WITH HER..SO YOU KNOW..YOU ARE RIGHT.U MAY LOOSE THEM.

SOLUTION:..DO FEED THEM WENEVER U GO THERE..AND DO SOME PLAYFUL ACTIVITIES..KITTENS IMITATE QUITE WELL.U KNOW THEY SIT ON CHAIRS PLACED IN OUR BACKYARD.THEY EVEN TRIED TO RIDE THE SMALL BABY BICYCLE OF MY NEPHEW AS THEY SAW HIM RIDING IT..HAHAHA..IT WAS FUN AND AMUSING WATCHING THEM DO THAT..
they can
Yes they do, my husband was home for several months after surgery and we kept a kitten that was born in our shed. The kitten took to my husband more then me and even at times seemed to not want anything to do with me. He is better now but he still likes him more then me unless i am the only one home.
My husband and I have 6 cats (all shelter adoptions) and some are "his" and some are "mine."

For example, Jinx will climb in my lap for attention, but she won't climb in my husband's lap but she'll climb onto his shoulders but not mine.
I think that if cats get attached to any one person that it is the person that feeds them. So, yes, if you are not there that much then I think it would be safe to assume that "your" cat will become more attached to your friend who is caring for it.
they can like many people, but they can have a favorite
Hi! What a great question. Cats are notoriously known for being anti-social and independent. I have three cats and they are all very different from each other. I satrted with one. For a long time it was just the 2 of us and then I got married. She will only tolerate me and no one else. Then there's Taz, my husbands cat, she lets me pet her when she wants to be affectionate but is very independent. And my last cat is Mango, he is the cuddler. If you walk by him you must pay attention to him. He loves everyone! So each cat is different. Make sure you pay a lot of attention to your cat and he'll know that you are his. Oh and the best thing to get him to love you is to give him milk-flavoured Temptation cat treats. All mine love those!!
We have 2 cats. One is definitely My husband's cat and one is definitely mine. Each cat will follow its person around the house and look for love and attention from only that person. My husband's cat gets depressed when he goes away on business trips. She will sit at the top of the stairs waiting for him to come home and will only bother with me when its time to be fed. My cat will sit with only me and will sleep on my side of the bed.
I'm not sure how much of this has to do with food. My husband feeds both cats in the morning and I feed them at night. They still both have a preference as to which one of us they like better.

I don't think we adopt cats. I think they adopt us and we become "their" people
Cats are very strange but great companios. My husband and I have three: Lilo age 4 years, Tinkerbell 2 yrs and Nala 4 months. Lilo loves and is close to us both .In fact they all are,but we are closer to certain ones than others. Lilo is closer to me than my hubby, the same witht the baby Nala. Tink on the other hand is very close to him and that is his baby more than anything. I guess you can compare them to children which they basically are to us besides are human ones. We love all of our children equally with every ounch of our selves and wouldn't love them differently nor change it for the world, but in many ways parents as we are tend to be close to one then the other naturally. It's not neccessarily because we are treating them differently but that life tends to work that way. Why are mothers usually more closer to their daughters and the same with fathers and sons? It happens but it's not always the case. Spend more time with him, like playing with some toys, feed him more yourself, most importantly give him more affectionate like rubbing/petting him and he will always be loyal to you----Good Luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment