Monday, May 24, 2010

Do any non believers in Jesus Christ ever wonder," what if I am wrong?

Do you weigh the options in your mind about your eternal security, or do you just shrug it off like it`s no big deal?
Answers:
i am a full believer.. ALL DA WAY. and also u dnt need written proof! u have to believe.. god is like wind.. u cant see it but you know its there
no we would have written proof.
yeah all the time maybe iam maybe im not thats to know when supossily god will return one day wwhich is bull but whos to know?
What has this to do with cats??
you put in the same basket as aliens , fairies and elves
superstious nonsence

was jesus a cat?
I did, but then I asked the Buddha and he promised me i wasn't wrong. (This answer makes as much sense as your question).
I never have to weigh it, I know that I will have eternal life. I ask for forgiveness, and repent my sins and Jesus, yes there is one, forgives me and promised me eternal life. I pray for the nonbeliever's.
I weigh the options and I know there is a God and He sent His son Jesus Christ.
No big deal, Darwin told me so ;-)
Doubt is part of faith. If we didn't doubt, we wouldn't grow in faith and be stronger Christians. It's not about shrugging it off, it's about working through and seeing the fact of my spirituality.
no
no, i am secure in my atheistic beliefs.
I often wonder if believers ask themselves the same thing.
They are the ones making sacrifices in this life for the next life.
but what if they're wrong? What a waste!
I shrug it off because to me there is too much actual physical evidence which suggests the Bible is just a nice story. I believe when we die we do just that - die.

p.s - meow.
(well, we are in the cat section)
No, I do not wonder. I do not believe in the historicity of Jesus Christ as a Divine Being.
Angela M asked why this is under cats, and I'm still waiting for an answer.
I used to wonder then I read "Mere Christianty" by C.S. Lewis. he said that Jesus either had to be telling the truth and was who he said he was or else he was raving lunatic or a very evil man. It's impossible that he was "just a good man". If you think about it is true and I belive He wasn't crazy or evil, therefore there is only one alternative for me.Read the book. Even if you disagree completly with it, it will make you think about everything from morals to God to the exact beliefs of us Christians and it will make you think of why you belive what you do.
Do any BELIEVERS ever wonder if they are wrong. I don't know what kind of tone you are taking with your question but I think its arrogant to assume that just because I don't believe in JC, I don't care about my afterlife. And what if I lived in a place that never told me about JC, would I be punished? I think too many religions put emphases on the belief of a person or physical body. What did JC teach? He preached love, peace, understanding, forgiveness. Don't you think that these virtues are more important than a man of flesh and blood? Jesus' message is all that matters, and for some it escapes them. I'm sure Jesus does not care if you believe in him or not as long as you understand the message and you put it into practice. I'm sure that if I believed in Jesus but was a heartless, immoral murderer,I would have some explaining to do in the afterlife. So you see, first above all, comes the virtues that I listed before. Then you can take into consideration who taught these words and why. I'm not saying that believing in JC is not the way, what I am saying is its not the only way.
I don't think cats follow any human religion.

And they know they're always right.
I have asked this of my self many times, so far the only answer is to conitue to seek the truth because no one religion has the answer. And what i have found out so far is that none of it has anything close to do with "religion" its more of a relationship with God and the fact that He sent a part of himself to earth to help us find our way home. Could i be considered as a non-believer? Yup cause i do believe in science and for the un-intelligent, science contradicts the existence of God or anything "higher" than random occurance. What if there is nothing more than just our lives? Geeez that would be pretty sad huh? The universe is pretty big and to think that in all this vast space; this, us, is the best the universe could possibly cough up after all these years. No, i need to believe in more, if not, then none of this matters except something ridiculous like "he who dies with the most toys wins" if thats all this is about then we truly dont have long as a species.
Does the fact that the Bible was written a couple hundred years after Jesus' death by people who obviously weren't there make any difference to you?

Does the fact that the Bible is chock full of contradictions make any difference to you?

Do you not care that many parts of the Bible were badly mistranslated?

In short- the Bible is fiction. Deal with it.

What if I'm wrong? I'll be spared an eternity of the enforced company of jackasses like Jerry Falwell and George W. Bush. I cannot imagine a finer outcome.
NO, wanna know why? Cause the bible is a collection of stories that were written by the hand of man and taken by man to be something else. There is no other religion in the world that works so hard to make other people believe the way they do. No other religion in the world will go to a country that has survived for centuries just fine, for the sole purpose of telling them that their religion is wrong.

No other religion in the world has so much blood spilled for its sake either.

The crusades was a war waged for the sole purpose of makeing non believers convert - if they didn't believe what they were told to believe they were killed.

Present day - overseas - muslims (thats probably not spelled right), Israelites, Palasinians - all of them believe in your JC but they wage religious war believeing that each of them have the only correct beliefs within the religion as well as fighting over land that supposedly has significance in the biblical history.

Here in the USA, you have Protestants, Baptists, Catholics, Methodists, Mormons, the list goes on because no one can agree about how the writings in the bible should be taught and practiced.

The present day bible itself is only the thousandth plus translation of the hebrew text that could have many meanings and was rewritten based on what the translators of the day Thought it must be meaning. There are so many contradictions in the bible it isn't funny.

You can find a passage in the bible to outlaw killing (thou shalt not kill), and another making it alright (an eye for an eye).

Christians of today are even trying to get the government to make beliefs into law (marriage just between a man and a woman and under God in the pledge of allegance). Thats not the goverments call, plus its unconstitutional as the constituion states that there should be a clear separation between church and state. Just because alot of the parents of children are christian doesn't mean that as a non christian, my child should have to recite a clear reference to the christian God every day at school. If christians want their children to remember God every day, say a prayer every morning before they leave.

I'm not saying that christians shouldn't believe the way they do, thats not my call, and regardless of what the beliefs are, belief in something is a powerful thing and can make amazing and wonderful things happen. However, I don't think that non christians should be seen as bad or wrong or lacking in some way just because the things they believe are different.

For the record, I do believe in God, he does exsist - I just don't believe in the christian approach, theology, teachings, and rules. To each his own and let others alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment