Monday, May 24, 2010

Do cats get depressed if they don't have another cat 2 play with?

I might be taking my kitten to my house in late December as a Christmas present 4 myself. he's been playing with me and y friends cat for about 3 weeks now. they spend all their time together but play with me and my friend too. if I take him away from his friend, will he be depressed,is it best 4 my kitten's happiness 4 him 2 have a friend? my kitten's friend is now my friend's cat so he won't be coming home with me, but my kitten might.
Answers:
Cats are very independent. They also take longer to adjust to situations than dogs. Your kitten will be fine, it'll just take some adjusting to. If you plan on getting another cat for his company try to do it when they are younger. They are very territorial. Even though you can introduce other animals as they get older, it's easiest when they're kittens.
I love my cats, I hope you enjoy your new furball! ;)
Not necessarily, unless it is use to other cats being around and it is affectionate with them.

But the cat will adjust as long as you do not neglect it and are there to take care of it.
no mine is happy
Definitely depends on the cat, my cat hates all other cats (with rare exceptions) she's been like that since kitten age. I think some cats like others more if they are raised with other cats around them.
that depends on your cat mine prefer to be alone with me she gets mad and throws trmpertantrums if i even come home smelling like another animal yea i know she is crazy but that is okay
Yes he will need a friend

I have 10 cat's (outside) in the country
If you give your cat love it will be fine. Cats are idependent too so they can be alone and you don't have to worry.
It is a possibility that it may get depressed but it is a kitty so he may not get depressed.
I say yes, have him a friend, at this stage he will be depressed, why I say this is because mine was because I worked all day and was gone somewhat on the weekends.

I now have two kittens that love each other and I don't have to worry if I leave for long periods of time.

They are best of friends, and when I get home I have lot's of cat attention.

Two are better.

No comments:

Post a Comment