Monday, May 24, 2010

Do cats ever attack people?


Answers:
Hi there.absolutely! Especially if they are feral, scared or injured. Here are a couple videos that shouldn't make you doubt how dangerous even house cats can be:

Angry Cat in Kennel: http://youtube.com/watch?v=in_6oznczw8.
Pinky the rescue shelter cat turned bad: http://youtube.com/watch?v=eht-kezq88w.
It's pretty rare but I've seen it. It usually involves either illness on the part of the cat, or the person has food, catnip, or something dangling.
Yes. for a variety of reasons. They can be trained to attack, just like dogs can. Some are emotionally disturbed. Some do it in play. Some attack in an attempt to be the "alpha". Some, for whatever reason, just don't like some people.
Yes cats can attack people. Like all animals you have to be careful around some of them. They can be unpredictable especially if they are scared or stressed in any way.
Yes they do! I have been attacked one 2 differnt times.
yep, if you get them mad enough
on occasion they do
yes i got puzzy whipped.
Yes. My cat does it for fun. If she wants attention, she'll do a swipe and dash. She'll swipe at my achilles tendon, and when I turn around, she'll run a few feet then collapse and roll over for me to pet her belly.
I once had a cat that chased the neighborhood dogs out of our yard.
(My cat + fish) x self-induced craze = 20 stitches.

My cat's like the sweet little bunny in "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" that guarded the cave: innocent this moment, killer flying thing on an electronic zip line the next.
Yes i once saw "Ginger"take a lump out of it's owners leg because she tried to get the chicken leg back off the apparently hungry cat.
Of course! But the same goes for humans, dogs, birds, snakes, etc.everything has the capability to attack pple, but usually when provoked..
it depends on if the cat is mean or nice. If it is nice then prolly not, but if it is mean then it prolly will.
I have owned cats for my entire life or they have owned me. Out of 20 cats I have had only one attacked me. I was trying to stop him from hurting my favorite Siamese cat. A person should never ever get in between a cat fight or animal fight. Under no circumstances, I knew better .
When I moved to a new place I left my female cat at the old place for a couple weeks til we got settled in. When I would go back to the old place to pack more stuff sometimes she would run out and hiss at us. Then it got to the point where she would actually jump on us hissing and attacking like she went feral or something(I still have scars on my leg!) By no means was this ever a playful sneak attack, she meant business. I almost didn't want to bring her to the new place, but we did and shes fine now . This all happened in Aug. %26 Sept. I still dont know why but she was from "barn cat" stock, so that could be a reason. They live by a different set of rules than housecats.
I have seen it done. But it was under provocation too.
It's rare but yes they do. Usuaully only if something is wrong with them or they are feral cats that someone is trying to domesticate. My best friend's mom was mauled by her cat that she'd had for some time, just out of the blue. No warning of illness or anything. Injured her so bad she had to have 3 surgeries and was hospitalized for a couple of weeks, had to go through months of therapy in her arms where the cat had done so much muscle damage. House looked like a murder scene. Cat was tested for rabies and was negative but they did find that he had a brain tumor they said was the likely cause. He was afterwards euthanized by the state. This is rare but can and does happen.. just not often.
my cat never has. but haven't you saw when good pets go bad?
Good answers, I would not have believe they could attack.
Yea..i've seen a cat attack my neighbor 4 no reason!
Yes but if you can stop the attaching its great don't ever let cats chew on you its bad for the cat ( and you )
yes they do. they attacked my little sister once. bad cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment