Monday, May 24, 2010

Do cats eat other dead animals?


Answers:
Some cats eat birds and mice.'
Some do.
yes sometimes
I have never seen this personally but I imagine some do. They aren't like dogs, however that RELISH dead stuff for some strange reason. Bleech!
by "other dead animals" you suggest that your cat is dead, It is rare for a dead cat to eat anything
Cat food is made of dead animals. In fact, so is some of your food. It's called meat.
yes
The ones they kill.

But not dead cats.
yes but they really prefer live prey.haven't you ever gone to the zoo and watched the big cats being fed? It is cool and gross all at once. Lots of kitties bring the dead animals as trophies to their loving owners. :}
Depends on how desperate they are, and how fresh the meat is.
Don't ya watch cartoons? Haven't you seen Sylvester try to eat Tweety Bird?
They love the hunt, more than the actual eating. in my experience with my cat and other cats I have.Mine will toy with a mouse or captured bird for hours, the slowly torture it, rip it's head off and then plunk it in pieces at my doorstep.
It wouldn't be unheard of, but I would assume it's only if they're real desperate for food. Most cats prefer fresh kills.
If they're starving I would imagine they would.

Of course they prefer freshly killed animals that they have hunted down themselves.
yes.BIRDS
probably,
yeah, the ones they kill because they just want to! but they don't walk up to a decaying carcus and start eating it. they're not tigers you know!! they're domesticated that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment