Friday, May 21, 2010

Could this be the breakthrough we have all been looking for? Read and give thoughts please?

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/06/scienc.
Answers:
%26lt;snort> I haven't been waiting for this breakthrough.

%26lt;grin>

(The breakthrough I am waiting for is calorie-free chocolate!)
It's certainly very interesting. I have never been troubled by allergies to anything - I have five cats in my home and spent many years volunteering in shelters working with cats in particular.

I guess, as the aritcle states, that if you have to go through expensive allergy shots to have a cat that $4000 is not too much in the long run.
I saw this on the local news this a.m. - they said the kitties will be $4,000.00 each!! Yes, it might be a breakthrough, but I bet they are compromised in another aspect of their health/personality.
I always feel extremely uneasy when there are "breakthroughs" which involve manipulating genetics. Something never seems right about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment