Monday, May 24, 2010

Do animals know your emotions?

Because my dog used to always come up to me when I had a bad day. My cats layed in my bed for 14 hours because yesterday was one of the worst days of my life.
Answers:
ABSOLUTELY! They sense your moods. If I am in a bad mood, my cat wants to stay away from me. If I'm sad, she wants to snuggle. When I'm happy, she wants to play. I think you will find that your pet's mood will change in accordance with yours.
yes, i think animals can tune into emotions way better than other humans can. i dont think there have been actual studies on this b/c emotions are very difficult to study quantitatively (how do you study how much emotion something else is feeling?). but i have experienced the same with my dog and have heard the same from other people.
No! animals act on instincts. All they care is to get food and sleep. There are certain animals such as lions, baboons, hyenas, and other should be exterminated from the face of this earth. Name one single use we can have out the above named animals?
dogs can wen u cry they come to u
yes they do. arter all we have dogs for the blind and dogs that can predict that some one is going 2 have a seizure. and they dont care what u may look like that day they just love you unconditionally!
Yes, they can sense our state of emotions. How they react varies by animal. Cats are not known to be the "snuggliest" except when it to their benefit. Perhaps yesterday they took advantage of you and enjoyed being along side you.
yes the really do know when something is wrong
so come on tell me why yesterday was the worse day in your life
see if I can help..or at least I WILL listen to you..
good luck
smile
some animals can sence if you are having a bad day and others mope around with you, so i think that they can.
Definitely. The difference is whether or not you have an animal that cares. We had a female cat that didn't seem to give a flying crap how anyone felt, but our male cat is totally different. If I'm yelling, he's in my face meowing until I calm down. When I cry, he gets as close to me as possible, and if I stop petting him, he reaches out and touches me with his paw. Dogs are definitely in-tune with their owners emotions and seem to be more than happy to lend you a shoulder to cry on:)
Absolutely cats can pick up emotions from their owners. My sister had a cat and everytime she was upset with her husband the cat would poop in one of his shoes or if he was away she would sneak in and poop under his pillow. Turns out the cat was a better judge of character then my sister. My cats use to come up and snuggle with me whenever I was in extreme pain from my back injury or my menses which use to leave me bed ridden for a couple of days a month. They knew I needed comfort!
Yes They Can . I No Mine Can. I Dont Want To Talk For Anyone Else.
I think they really do sense things, whenever I'm upset my cat will come put his face in mine and rest his head on my shoulder.
Yes . My kitten and my dogs know. It's like they have a sensce . Like how you feel and how the weather is going to be , or something bad will happen.
yes animals have an intuition about these things.
Cats can definitely tell when we're upset or don't feel good, and I think it's because we smell different. It's been proven that our body chemistry changes with our emotional state, so I bet that the cat can smell the change and know what it means. It depends on the cat how to act after that. You could have a cat that doesn't give a damn or a cat that tries its best to comfort you. Animals do love (I truly feel sorry for the anthropomorphizing crowd), so it's only natural for them to comfort us.
Sure whenever I have a bad dream My calico will lie next to me and purr me back to sleep. She's been doing that alot lately.
Once I was crying and she actually put a paw on my face and wiped them away while meowing concern (ok she just spread them over my cheek but an A for Effort)
Same cat watched on 9/11 2001 when the towers came crashing down to the ground over and over on TV. She sat up on a straight back chair and meowed in distress. I doubt she knew what it all meant but she understood that this was not just some movie. Also that my sister %26 I were very distressed.
Yes.I notice when I am depressed my cat is a little more attentive than she normally is.Animals have good instincts.

1 comment:

  1. yes, one of my cats will lay very close to me when I am depressed or crying and purr nonstop. when a cat is injured or sick they will often purr, as the frequency of the noise is proven to improve the healing process

    ReplyDelete