Thursday, May 7, 2009

Cat Smells! Just bought home previous owner had cats, how do you get rid of smell?


Answers:
Have your carpets professionally cleaned, they have cleaners and equipment that gets all the stains out. All the way to the sub floor which is where the stink hides.
If you want to do it yourself, Try Quick and Bright, Simple Green, Nature's Miracle, Urine off and Urine Gone. All are available at pet stores, hardware stores and Target and Walmart.
Good luck
Cat pee is about the hardest smell to get rid of. I had a neighbor's cat spraying my patio furniture a few years ago. The only thing I found that worked was from Ace Hardware. It was their brand of a pet odor remover for carpet cleaners. I tried all of that "natural" stuff with no results. You may never get the entire smell out. Humid or damp days seems to make the odors resurface. If carpet is affected you may have to have it pulled and then bleach and seal the floors before installing new carpeting. Hopefully, it isnt' that bad. Good Luck
I don't really know, how many must they of had for it to stink that bad. I guess you can shampoo all the carpet or replace them. Any curtains wash, scrub all walls or paint.
My goodness I can't imagine. Man what a mess.
alright this is going to be difficult (and painful) especially if your cat hasnt been declawed on the front. GIVE IT A BATH! it wont hurt it but they sure hate it. ive done it with my friends cats and have been scratched all over but its still worth having a clean kitty! so try that. it might be the weird kind of cat that likes water also. you never know
smelly cat smelly cat what are they feedin u !!
smelly cat smelly cat its not ur fault !!

use room freshner or something or ask the prevous owner
Lysol floors that can be washed. Hire professional cleaners for carpets, or replace the carpets AND the padding. Good luck.
Try to find the exact areas that the smell is concentrated. That will tell you where you need to treat. My cats have never soiled outside of their litter boxes, but we bought a home from some people who had a cat who did. It was one spot in the dining room, but it stank the whole house up.

I had the professionals come in, I used all kinds of stuff, and the smell kept coming back on damp days. I finally pulled up the carpet in that area - didn't remove it - just pulled it back. I pulled back the padding underneath. Starting with the floorboards, I literally poured Febreze and soaked the wood. I left that uncovered to dry out and I literally soaked the padding and carpet that covered that area. After everything dired out, I simply laid the padding and carpet back into place. So far, so good!

Maybe that will work for you.
pull up carpet new pad and steam the carpet..:)
Well if it is the carpeting, I would recommend using a product called Natures Miracle, you will need to use a carpet cleaning machine, there should be directions on the bottle for that. If I remember correctly in a carpet machine you would use the product 50/50 and do the entire rug. Keep in mind that you will still smell the smell for awhile, but the product works enzymatically so the smell will be a sign that the product is working correctly. Also, most people put their litter box in the bathroom, you may want to wash your floor with the product too. Good Luck-hope it works for ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment