Thursday, May 7, 2009

Cat Sassy's Shampoo -Suggestions Please?

My cat's groomer told me that the shampoo I was using on her was harmful to her fur. She makes her own, but I can tell that my cat doesn't like going to her, so I've been doing it myself. I want to know if anyone knows of any good FLEA shampoos for cats.
Answers:
I've never really understood the point of using shampoo with insecticide in it. The fleas drown anyway, and the chemicals can be harmful to your cat.

If you want a good all-around shampoo, try Cloud Nine herbal shampoo for dogs and cats. I managed to get a bottle of it on clearance and I LOVE it. It has rosemary and cedar in it, both of which help repel fleas (they don't like the smell). It rinses clean, and leaves my cat extremely soft. I used it on my brother's lab/border collie mix and she felt wonderful afterwards. It helps reduce dander, as well.

Check it out here; http://www.onlynaturalpet.com/products/h.
try to visit these sites :

http://www.thecatconnection.com/cat-prod.
You don't want to use a shampoo that has insecticide in it. The fleas will drown with the bath anyway. They don't have to be "zapped" and you run the risk of zapping your cat.

Really the safest and most effective way to keep fleas off your cat is to use Advantage on a monthly basis. My vets sell this on a discount to compete with people who sell it cheaper online.
You really don't need to give a cat a bath. It's very difficult to get the shampoo washed out of their fur- and the residue might make them sick when they lick themselves. Plus, it really pisses off the cat. Cats bathe themselves with their saliva- it has a detergent in it.

I would not advise a flea dip either. Maybe try some Advantage- it works great during the flea season.

No comments:

Post a Comment