Thursday, May 7, 2009

cat question?

when i closed the door in my house the cat slid by and i accidently slammed the door on his tail and the tip came off. I heard cats will be fine, but should I take him to the vet? hes not even bleeding but im not sure if we should take him or not.
Answers:
Yes.definitely take him to the vet. Even if it's not bleeding he may need stitches. They can also prescribe some antibiotics so he will not get an infection.

Good luck, and I hope your kitty feels better soon!
I'd probably take him to the vet. Might need some antibiotics in case it gets infected.
chirp! save me the tip so i can put it in my trophy case..
If you can afford it, take him to a vet just for your own peace of mind. If not and it doesn't seem to be bothering the cat, don't worry about it.
OUCH!! your kitty will be fine ! poor baby!
ouch, I agree, take the cat to the vet. Poor kitty!.
take him, you can never be too sure
I have two cats and one of them is disabled , someone in the building ran his car over her front leg and she has become lame. The cats have proverbial seven lives but I would suggest you take her to a Vet for safety sake. Most probably nothing has happened . It heartening to learn that you are concerned about your pet and care for her .Keep the good work going may god bless you.
Keep an eye on it and make sure it stays clean,the only thing the vet would do is stitch it and it's probably to late for that. You'll need to get some antibacterial soap and wash it if it starts to look nasty. Peroxide to help it dry out and heal.
Take him just to ease your mind and to be on the safe side.
This is one situation where I would definitely take the cat to the vet even though it is just the tip. There would be a risk of infection if it is not treated at all.

Ever since he was a kitten I have worried I would take Kinsey's head off with the refrigerator door as he always wants to stick his nose in there. I learned to always close the door very gently.
your kitty will be just fine. just keep an eye on it and make sure it does not get infected but it will be fine
Yes, it could get infected even if it's not bleeding and could cause the whole tail to be amputated and I am sure the poor kitty is in terrible pain even if it doesn't act like it. Cats are wonderful at hiding their pain and ailments.
Go to www.animalhealthchannel.com and see if they have any answers. Also You can go to www.JustAnswer.com, and set a price to talk to a vet, or vet tech, like 5 or 10 bucks.

Really I believe that You could call several Vets and ask until You find Someone willing to talk to You. I would worry about infection, which could also bring fever. A cats normal temp is 101.5 to 102.5. You will need assistance in taking it's temp. Just watch them closely to see if they are eating, drinking, eliminating, and keep it clean with hydrogen peroxide, 3% and use a topical ointment like a triple antibiotic.

Best of Luck..

p.s. My Wife said to be sure and give Him lots of TLC.
Yes You need to take him right away. The tail is connected to the spine.
no maybe just some neosporin on the tip this happened to my cat the exact same way.just keep the neosporin on for about 3-4 days and it will be fine cats have a high tolerance to pain
for goodness sake take the poor wounded baby to the vet.. the cat tail is like an extension of its spine and you dont want any infections!

No comments:

Post a Comment