Sunday, August 2, 2009

Cleaning my kittens litterbox.?

When I clean my kittens litterbox he looks at me like I'm completely insane and jumps in and seems like he's trying to stop me. He'll try to knock the mess off of the scooper or get in and start using the box. What's his deal??
Answers:
He's playing, that;s all. My cats do it to. He knows it as his area and all of a sudden your messing in it, plus seeing the movement of the litter, teases the cat a bit. Gently pick him up and move him out of the way. If the cats ears are flattened and slightly bent backwards, then that does mean he is being aggressive and doesn't like it, in that case I would shut the door when changing the litter, so that he can't see what you are doing But if the ears are straight up, he's happy and just playing around. Cute, cats have personalities too. Have a great day.
YOUR CAT SUCKS OR HATES U WHY DO PEOPLE EVEN HAVE CATS?
Who knows? Our kitten loves to use the kitty litter as soon as it's been cleaned. Gotta love'em!
Cats are very territorial and it seems like you havent established dominance. This is a recipe for distruction.

You need to establish strongly that you are in charge and that you will be taking care of whos poop goes where. This cat wants to go in the litter box and wants it to be how he left it when he was done. Very common and must be dealt with by the owner sternly and quickly.
My bunny does that, too, when I clean his cage/litterbox everyday.
Basically, it has got his poop and pee in it, which have his smell. To him, it's like you're invading his territory, and taking it away. Try cleaning out the litterbox when he isn't in the room.
It think it a cats natural curiosity mixed with the kittens playfulness. Our kitten does this too.
Sounds like he's just being a kitten! What I really love about doing my cat boxes is just as soon as you finish they go in and have a really big poop! Aren't cats fun?
Mine does the same thing. Maybe it is a territory thing.
He loves hi doody!!
Think about it. What would you do if you see someone "playing" with your poo?

It's a kitten. "nuff said.
Don't worry.This is completly normal. Kitten play at it's cutest and most frustrating
alot of cats seem to do this, they feel as tho we are invading their territory
This place, the litterbox, is literally (no pun intended!) the only place in the entire house that no one else uses. It belongs to the kitten alone and he resents any disturbance of that space. Wouldn't you? Just work around the little guy and he'll get used to you and the box maintanance.
that is normal. He/she will learn that you are just clean out the litter box
If he's young, he's probably is just playing..or maybe he thinks HEY GET OUT OF MY TERRITORY!
All that I can say : Better you than me.
sounds like to me he is just being onrie
Probably he thinks you are playing. The movement of your scoop, the sound of the litter are tempting. It will pass as he grows older.

No comments:

Post a Comment